Monday 2 May 2011

Open Water swimming!

My new purple tri suit got an outing today as Layla and I joined Spalding Tri Club at the Coronation Channel for some river swimming.
I was slightly nervous, but with their swim coach sticking close, a canoe and about 15 enthusiastic swimmers in the water with me, I soon got into my rhythm. There were even some barmy chaps practising in just trunks for a team channel swim. Brrh!!
Initially I thought I would turn before the half mile mark, but then decided to go for it and swim the mile. Apart from a freaky bit of weed brushing my face, a duck taking off, and a slight chop caused by wind on the return leg, I was very pleased with my second open water swim.
Layla 'chicked' everyone, storming up the river in her new 2XU wetsuit, and staying in the water until I got out. I couldn't persuade her to go for a run after though...

No comments:

Post a Comment