Friday 29 April 2011

West Pinchbeck Duathlon


Surprisingly, this is how we looked after my first ever Duathlon (3km run/10km bike/3km run) and Layla's first race of the season. Spalding Tri Club put on a great, friendly race and I got plenty of encouragement along the way from everyone.
It may have been a flat course but the wind certainly made up for it. Just as I thought Robbie the racer was going really well, or my technique had improved dramatically, we turned into the wind for the second lap...
I got stopped at traffic lights for road works, which was a welcome rest on the bike, then off into the wind again until Eric and I turned for home.
My transition team were Judith and Mike and we managed a pretty slick changeover twice. I've just got to figure out putting on shoes and helmet after the swim for Nottingham. Managed to squeeze my derriere into new chair, so getting into the swing of things. Spalding Tri do river swimming so Layla and I are off next week to give that a go. Roll on the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment