Friday 1 April 2011

Course familiarisation

It's been a few years since I was last at Holme Pierre Pont in Nottingham doing this...
Just as well there is no picture of me after my bike ride there yesterday...Trust Judith and I to attempt it in a full Westerly Gale. We kept passing the same cyclist going the opposite way, who commented that I was very aerodynamic for the conditions...my arms certainly didn't think so! Got a great 30km speed with the wind behind, but back to the granny cog for the next side, doing 12-15km. The surface is not brilliant for my hard recumbent ride, despite Spinergy wheels which take some of the shock out. The vibrations are horrendous, making my legs jump around with spasms and my fingers numb.
I met Pete, a friend from my waterskiing days afterwards and went for a huge Pub lunch of steak and chips (protein and carbs!) followed by chocolate fudge cake and cappuccino before setting off to Lincoln for a massage with Miss Whiplash aka Maddy.
She did warn me that I would have bruises and I have a nice set of fingers marks on my left bicep today. Just as well I'm not swimming-people would worry about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment