Friday 13 May 2011

Paratri National Champs tomorrow

I met a friend in the pool today who I haven't seen for months, as our usual thrice weekly lunchtime swims no longer coincide.
We chatted about our teenagers who always fail to notice when things run out, and I complained about a lack of cereal and loo roll in my house, which nobody seemed to have noticed.
So, she came round this afternoon to deliver this lovely parcel of emergency supplies, plus a little note of encouragement, which exhorts me to make Eric and Robbie suffer tomorrow (bike and race chair) and carb load for energy.
I've packed what I think is required for transition plus spares and tools, my lovely neighbour Anna helped me put the bike in the car in between showers, and I foolishly watched the weather forecast which isn't brilliant. I think it was easier sorting my dive kit for a major expedition abroad than preparing for my first Triathlon...at least I knew exactly what I was doing with all those tanks and regs and equipment, as I'd had years of proper training. Just got to remember it's fun when the rain is pouring down...

No comments:

Post a Comment