Sunday 20 March 2011

Volunteer Marshalling at Dambuster Duathlon

As I have never witnessed or participated in Triathlon yet, I thought it would be a good idea to volunteer as a Marshal at the Dambuster Duathlon on Saturday, run by Mark and Sibs of Pacesetter Events. It was a great experience, apart from a severe lack of sleep and a 6:45am start.
I believe everyone should have a go at Marshalling to gain a real insight into exactly what goes into organising and running an event. You'd be surprised!! We were onsite from early in the morning until 2pm, but Mark had provided all the volunteers with dinner, bed and breakfast, lunch and lovely goodies consisting of a sweatshirt and beanie hat.
We were blessed with gorgeous sunshine and I managed to enjoy a leisurely cycle round Rutland Water with Judith and Mike running alongside before my journey home. My hand cycle caused a lot of comments and waves and I even got my photo taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment