Tuesday 1 March 2011

Ramp test?

This is me at the Zoggs swim zone at the TCR show a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what's happening to my legs...I think this is when I was trying to hold a pullbuoy between them but couldn't feel it through the wetsuit. One has gone up, one down and I'm not kicking-honest! My legs normally spasm when straight so I usually leave them to their own devices if I can't see them. Maybe it was all the cameras that set them off...

As an alternative training session, Judith asked me to do a ramp test based on arm cadence at the pool today. The idea is that you should get more efficient the more arm strokes you do over a set distance. I am absolutely hopeless at maths so water and maths was difficult-even though it was simple counting of strokes (left, then right) over 50m. It was interesting to find that I became more efficient the more tired I got and nearer the end of my sets. Just as well I'm doing an endurance sport then! I shall eagerly await Judith's verdict on the test to see if it sheds any light on my technique.

Tonight was a track session, thankfully only 27 minutes (pretty random, I know, but Dr.J. prescribed it, so I do it). Bit difficult to time myself using my iphone as I had to use my chin to set it off as I have racing gloves on, and it decided to die from battery failure half way through my session. Typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment