Sunday 23 January 2011

Swim+bike, Run, Massage, Run, Swim, Swim, Bike


Only my second week back training since being given the go-ahead and I'm struggling to fit it all in. I have altered the Excel spreadsheet Judith gave all the novices at Yarborough on Saturday, as lane swimming at Meridian is at set lunch times and I go with my son to Cleethorpes A.C. every Tuesday and Thursday night. Not sure where or how to fit in strength and conditioning!! I had an 'extra' day off on Wednesday as my birthday treat from my children was a lovely aromatherapy massage.
Total training time this week was 6hrs 20 mins; 3500m in the pool, 21.65km on the bike and 5.24km in the racing chair. Doug's training session at Meridian Leisure Centre in Louth was particularly punishing as we covered nearly 2000m in an hour. That's 80 lengths of a 25m pool and the furthest I have ever swum. Maybe I should aim for a channel swim? Aspire are actually organising one for this summer if you fancy giving it a go.
Went for a great ride this morning with Mick jogging/running alongside. Top speed of 24.7km, average about 12km which would mean two hours for my bike section in the triathlon, but I have to remember it's only my fourth ride out on a hand bike!! I'm sure I will improve as the weeks go on.
I've worked out how to get the hand bike back into the car-a Zafira-using my wheelchair hoist (good for 40kg and bike is approximately 22.7kg) and a good shove, but not how to get it out as it gets wedged between the two front seats. Sadly it has to live in the car at the moment as I do not have room in my house and don't want it in my leaking, mouse infested garage. Said mouse has already chewed one pannier, a cycling glove, a bag of corn, some plastic bags and made a lovely nest in a cupboard with some extra straw which we keep for our three hens. Certainly don't want it nesting in the seat of my bike...
I've yet to work out how to get my feet strapped into and then out of the foot rests on the bike independently. So frustrating. I defy anyone to be stretchy enough to do it. Answers on a postcard please...

No comments:

Post a Comment