Friday 22 July 2011

TT's!!

This is me on my bike in Spain at the Europeans, which was a tough course, with a long gradual climb but an equally long downhill.
In an effort to pick up my speed and see how much I can push myself, I've done two time trials (TT's) with the lovely blokes at Alford Wheelers CC, which I'm now a member of. Handbikes are not normally allowed in TT's but they have organised an exemption for me to be able to participate and a H&S check of the 10 mile course. I also have two red flashing lights on the back of my bike plus a flag to allow others riders and motorists to see me.
Last week I did 44:10mins, in a negative split of 24:00/20:10, which was my fastest pace ever, then I caught a lurgy and was off training for three days. Still feeling a bit under the weather with a cough, I went along, determined to at least cut off a minute or two. I really pushed myself and did the course in 40:39 in blustery conditions, knocking 3:51 mins off my time!! I reckon the pasta lunch and wispa ice-cream before the race must be the answer. I'm hoping that I can do my next Triathlon bike race split in 46:00 (distance of 20km) which would be a massive 8:04mins faster than my first flat course race at Holmepeirre Pont in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment